SMS for Education – Use Cases
The Smarter Communications Solution
Education text messaging helps schools of all sizes improve attendance, operational efficiency, and student satisfaction
You see it all the time. In classes—in the cafeteria—and everywhere in between, students are constantly on their phones sending text messages. Research shows that they spend an average of 8 hours (male) to 10 hours (female) every day using their cell phones. Which explains why 90% of all messages get read in less than three minutes.
It also explains why educational institutions of all sizes are turning to SMS when they need to get through to students, or improve communications with their parents and teachers. A text message costs just pennies to send, but its impact on educational outcomes can be invaluable. Use it to reduce truancy, improve student performance, or minimize administrative costs.
SMS is a powerful tool when you need to get through to your audience, quickly and cost effectively.
How SMS for Educations Can Help Your School Make the Grade
- Use automated updates for admissions applications, course scheduling, and exam results to reduce inbound calls and emails from prospective students
- Billing reminders and payment notifications help students stay on top of their tuition and loans
- Improve attendance rates by integrating SMS with your attendance system to automatically notify parents when students miss class
- Bulk SMS gives you a cost-effective way to broadcast emergency notifications and closure information to thousands of people with just a click of the mouse
- Two-way SMS lets you send appointment reminders to reduce costly no shows and help students stay on top of their busy schedules
- Instantly send status updates for shared assets like labs, library books, and computing resources
- Send students text message alerts for campus events and give them a convenient way to RSVP
Your Education Text Messaging Partner
At MessageMedia, we understand the unique needs of educational institutions and can help you harness the power of text messaging in your school. We offer an SMS platform—SMS APIs, web, or email—for programs of all sizes. Whether you need a cost-effective solution for sending individual appointment reminders or complete SMS integration with your course scheduling system, our team of experts can help you get going quickly.